Saturday, July 29, 2006

Internet Group Sites: Activity Seems Low

I am a member of 22 different online group sites.  Some are very large like ‘Tribe’ and ‘Ryze’.  And others are small and growing like BizNik.  Several I have joined in the last six months are totally golf sites and a couple of sites I have found are the mega search engine sites with a network of fellow ‘Searchers’ you make connections with.

Overall, all the activity on these sites seems to be slowing up.  To find out why, I used some old technology and picked up the phone and called a dozen or so of my friends around the country I know are out here with me in cyberspace, but I have not read a blog or article from them in a while.

After spending a full week making these calls I came to a quick conclusion…It is Vacation Time and more people are out with their families enjoying the summer and a break from blogging or posting articles or chatting online.

So I relaxed to the fact that there is not much to be alarmed about as this is a cycle that comes around twice a year.  The first is summer break and then the second is the Holiday break.

I predict that everything will be back to normal with the buzz of interesting conversations and blogs burning up the internet as soon as school starts in a few weeks.

And looking at the calendar…I too will be taking another week off in a couple of weeks so if you are missing me I will be giving my fingers a break and will be out on the golf courses of Palm Springs, CA….

Scot Duke,  President of Innovative Business Golf Solutions, provides over 31 years of corporate management experience to helping small businesses improve their marketing strategies. As author of: How To Play Business Golf, Mr. Duke outlines the steps to sucessfully using golf as a business tool.  To learn more about Mr. Duke, IBGS or to purchase How To Play Business Golf visit  http://innovativebusinessgolf.com 

 

No comments: